Saturday, April 30, 2005

Willy wiggin'

Well no need to worry about getting worked up about the race. All day today the nervousness has been building into an utter frenzy. And the kids have just been at my constantly. Making for perfect flip your wig conditions. (Which just reminds me of this album...)


Didn't get my pre-race warm up ride till just now. 8pm. Legs felt dead as to be expected, but 20mins in I started the 5x1min on 2off routine. Cranked the cadence up and rolled through 380W, 390W, 390W, 400W and the last one I just kept slowly adding 10w till I bogged at 420W. The high cadence sort of throws off any accuracy, but it's a nice confidence boost because my normal 1x were 320W a few months ago.

Been eating ALL day. Constantly. I'm so worried about the distance and time I'll be out there. Scared of bonking, scared of cramping. The memories of last time are haunting. I keep checking the results from 2004 and 2003 looking at the times. Vet sports were 2:45 and up. Experts were 2:00 and up. That is a long time to be going full bore. Well for me at least.

I can't remember much of the race course. Just small parts. Can't remember if it is middle ring climb if there are granny parts. I remember part of the first downhill was a rocket run. And part of the last downhill had some sharp switchbacks. But all in all, I think the course is a good rhythm course where you can get into a groove. Unlike Massanutten or similar courses where there are thousands of transitions and short technical sections and long tech rock gardens making it impossible to keep any consistency going.

Well you'll hear about it regardless what happens. Time to go eat some more.

cya

3 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger gwadzilla said...

Middle Mountain Momma?
I hear it is one of the area's best
hope it went well

maybe I can make up for things with some fun at the Hoo Ha!

 
At 5:27 AM, Anonymous site said...

Really effective material, thanks so much for the post.

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous sexshop said...

Thanks for your post, very useful information.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home