Friday, April 29, 2005

No chance to even get nervous

Geez how am I supposed to get ready for a race, if I can't even get a chance to get all worked up and in a tizzy getting nervous and scared? Big meeting to get ready for today, so most of Thursday and from 5-am this morning 100% go time till like 3. Thankfully went better than I could have imagined. Then 1hr down time then coaching soccer.

Rough night tonight. Kids were crazy. Then straight to Target to shop for b-days presents and then through the drive through and eating back home at 8pm. That is what time we usually get the kids ready for bed.

Then wouldn't you know it. Batman's jammie bottoms were in the wash. Then he wants to read one more book, and then I am practically falling over tired and searching through some toy box for some flashlight. Gave it a good 'ol 2 second effort then told him I'm off the clock and he can go look for it himself and then get back in bed. Amazinigly he did just that.

Have not even had a chance to get nervous about this race. That worries me. Cause that nervousness and the butterflies as much as I hate it is a necessary step in getting all systems to to def con 4. I'm not even that scared yet. And this is a course to be scared about. As the WHO said. Fear is the key. Fear is a good motivator for me. Fear of not knowing something, gets me to learn what I need. Fear gets me motivated.

I think tomorrow as things settle down a little, and I start packing the bag, and prepping the bike up I'll start to get more butterflies. I'm looking forward to not racing for a little while though. There is just too much going on sometimes to have the races over my head. A few months of just solid hard training will be nice. Not worrying about being all tapped out because that is the point of training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home