Saturday, April 23, 2005

Tired

Nothing on Friday. Soccer even got cancelled because of thunderstorms. I guess hundreds of little kids on an open field with thunder and lightning around isn't a good idea. Sat morning 8:30 rode two hills. Pearman was first and that is just a a rude hill. It hurt and the legs just didn't want to turn. Then I went down the front side of this development and came back up Preston Forest.

Legs are just feel fatigued even though I haven't been doing diddly squat lately. Wed: intervals and didn't feel the best on those, Thurs: just a few quick laps and didn't even do a full dirt crit, Fri:0, and then 1:30 on Sat.

I am hoping that it means that I am just still not recovered from my block on the the past weekend. Sort of like my own Tour De France stage race. All of two days! It is important to put things in perspective here. Last weekend I broke a PR on a technical singletrack climb, middle ringed a grunt I'd only grannied before, and was riding strong 2hrs into a 2:45 ride. The next day, did a road ride at almost 1mph higher average speed (with some wind) and rode the final climb in 1-2gears higher than normal. Not bad considering 4-6hrs saddle time a week. So it is not surprising that I'm still tired.

Gotta accept that you can't be ON all the time. It's nice to know though that when you are ON you can go to 11




I've done this plenty of times before and sometimes it has taken 10 days before I feel ready to rock again. So I'm not too worried as this week I'll follow the same general plan but cut duration but keep intensity high. It can be a little disconcertinig not having good legs right now with a race a week away, but I think I'll be going good by mid this week, and will be trying to hold back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home