Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Easy E earling in the parking lot....

My poor older son. He was up at 4am this morning throwing up. Looks like a stomach virus. We just gave him a towel and went back to bed...NOT When it rains it pours. Nothing but a thang, just another day in the life....

It's funny when the older one gets sick he gets all lovey dovey, when the younger one gets sick he grows horns. And today he had a pointy tail and his head was spining 360s

Intervals on the trainer this morning. 1x8 min at MSP with every other minute at SMSP. Went ok except around min 6 I had to back off for a little bit. This was followed by 5x2min on 2off. couldn't do # 5. Will take some time to work up to being able to handle the longer rides leading up to this workout.

I've become a wierdo. Was going to get a ride in at lunch yesterday, but it didn't work out, so came home after work and was going to ride b4 dinner. Instead of riding outside for an hour in the 70 degree sunshine, I opted to stay home and ride the trainer. I dunno, I just didn't feel like dealing with cars, or even feel like thinking about looking where I was going. Sometimes it is almost theraputic to put some music on and just spin it out in the cool basement. Like I said, I'm turning into a loon. In years past I'd have been bent to not get a ride in such nice weather. But since I've gotten some kicking rides in the past weekend it just didn't bother me. And the kids are sick and just didn't feel like being far from base.

My current in-season plan is sort of
Hard off road long
Hard ride road long
Off/easy
Zone 2 1hr
Intervals combo MSP/SMSP
Hard-road or offroad short
Off/easy

Then every 3rd week a recovery week.

Yesterday was the Zone 2 1 hr. Like always it hurt. The combo of being sore from the previous 2 hard rides + a day off for rigor mortis to set in makes these zone 2 days hurt as much as the hard rides. But the zone 2 is necessary to get ready for the next day. If I just lolly gagged it, then I'd be hating the intervals,but I like to just spin it sometimes on the trainer focusing on good form, high cadence 110-120rpm and punk out to the music.

I read a post at RBR about the Tacx and the innacuracy of the FLOW but when you put the Imagic upgrade kit on it then it tracks an SRM really close. So all you people in awe of my power #s are going to be disappointed to know that I'm not as studly as the #s indicate.

cross your fingers it doesn't rain tomorrow.
cya

1 Comments:

At 3:59 AM, Anonymous muebles en cantabria said...

So, I don't actually believe this will work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home