Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Timebomb

It's just a matter of time till I get sick. There was a time before kids where I did everything in my power to not get sick. But now it is a foregone conclusion. It's not a matter of if it is when.

Like a time bomb


One child sick with double ear infection
TICK
Other child sick with bad cold
TICK TICK
Wife feeling sick
TICK TICK TICK
Sleep depravation
TICK TICK TICK TICK
Training
TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK

I'm wondering if I actually already got it, as I felt a little something the past few days. This week is fine to get sick, I just don't want to go into the May 1 race sick.

1 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger gwadzilla said...

last year at this time I was getting ready to race
everyone was fine...
the the night before a race a Michaux my older son got sick
I tended to him...
he got sick again...
I consoled him...
I cleaned him up...
I consoled him some more...
I cleaned up his bed...
I cleaned up the floor...
through the night he got sick repeatedly

I was tired but was intent on racing..

figured being tired and without sleep was not enough to stop me from racing...

by the fourth vomit session of my son's
I was fighting for space at the toilet
we were vomitting is tandem
we were consoling each other
no one was racing that next day
no one was riding

we were both very sick and very tired the next day...

yesterday I did not kiss my younger son as his face was glazed with fresh snot

I love him... but I want to race this weekend!

hope he does not hold this against me when he becomes an angry teen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home