Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Believe

cool post at Nat Pellman's BLOG

about battling inner demons the ability to push yourself beyond your defined limits.



Now I've never met Nat and I bet we're pretty different, in age, location, where we are in life. Yet I echo his sentiments whole heartedly. The bike and our desire to push and to fight inner demons are common ground that many can relate to. But if I ever came home with a tatoo like that my wife would Believe me right into the dog house and we don't even have a dog.

Too many racers think in terms of their finishing spot and getting on the podium as their main focus. I'm not saying that isn't important but it should be on a different plane of focus than what is really more important. And that is pushing yourself the best you can in the given moment in time.

Pat Benatar said it best, it's a battelfield.

Thankfully mountain biking is also hell-of fun.

2 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger gwadzilla said...

get the tattoo...
what will your wife do?
roll her eyes and walk away?

just kidding...

the tattoo is a complex issue
especially to a parent...

in a dynamic where money can be an issue...
body art is tough to justify

that said....

if it is important to you... you wife can accept it

just talk loosely around the topic...
no that you want one
just talk about tattoos...

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Ashwin Amanna said...

Tatoos not that important to me. But the image of me walking in with one and the reaction is funny! Sort of like the time I came home with bigger TV

 

Post a Comment

<< Home