Monday, December 25, 2006

Strength training burnout

I'm starting to burn out on the strength training. This year the repeat of the hypertrophy/strength cycles isn't working out as well as last year.

My heart isn't into it. I'm cutting some sets short and just want to be done. There's been too many small breaks caused by Christmas and work commitments and it's dragging the lifting out longer than I'd hoped.

The weather has been mild and I feel like I'm losing out on some good riding days and that winter is going to hit hard just when it's time to get on the bike.

2wks Hyp
2Wks strength
2wks Hyp
2Wks strength (with some rides thrown on on off days)
2Wks power

Too much this time around
Next year I might go back to
3wks hyp
2wks strength
2wks power

or maybe
2wks hyp
2wks strength
1wk hyp
2wks strength (starting to ride)
2wks power

2 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean I'm way behind sick for a few weeks, I'm on my secon week of hyper and I'll have to start riding or I will get killed come march.

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Throw Morris under the bed for a few days and get outside for some rides! May just get you excited about lifting again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home