Thursday, February 23, 2006

Training with power

There is a new book on the market:

Training and Racing with a Power Meter


Both authors are widely recognized as being at the forefront of training with power, especially Andy Coggan. I've met Hunter Allen before as he spoke at a local bike shop. He lives only an hour from here.

One of the newest power meters is the Ergomo bottom bracket system.

A friend tipped me on a great manual that they have for how to use the Ergomo that is located here.

Power meters are still fairly expensive in the grand scheme of things, but it is amazing how pervasive they have become to the cycling world. I imagine every pro team is using them by now. I have some power measurement through my Taxc ergo, but it would be cool to see what is really going on during a ride, especially a mtn bike ride. I wonder how much it would help me figure out the right pacing strategy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home