Saturday, January 06, 2007

The key

I've decided that carbohydrate intake is the key to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Legs were loaded hard yesterday with the last day of strength. Today my wife and I got a babysitter so that we could ride. I figured I'd be hurting but good today. My wife is a strong rider too. She gets more competitive with me too.

Decided to eat proper.

2waffles 26g/each
Syrup 53g
Vanilla Yogurt 34g
Mixed with Grape Nuts Trail mix 37g
Bottle of Ensure 40g
-------
216g total (3.8g/kg body weight)

Finished 2hrs before the ride. Got tired, layed down in son's bed and watched them play legos.

Glade to Brooksfield to Price's fork
To Keisters Branch to Lick Run to River To Spruce run and back.

Some small hard climbs and two extended long climbs.

Ride went great. Had 2 bottle Power bar drink and A genisoy bar and some water. Good level energy intake combined with topped off tank before the ride.

I'm riding stronger than ever this time of year. No doubt due to the quality riding that I've done over the last few weeks. Not due to the lifting. The lifting won't pay dividends until April.

And no doubt due to eating properly. It's all individual, but the key is figuring out for youself what combo of food works for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home