Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Elephant sat on my chest!

Did a 1:20 ride today on the cross bike. I decided to put the drop bars / bar cons back on because the flat bar even with that dildo length stem was still to cramped.
wanta3sm

For whatever reason I just can't get this bike setup to reach nirvana, like I have with my road and mountain bike. I think part of the reason is that it is a cross bike intended for a certain use, and I compare it to my other bikes.

When on the road with it, I wish it was more like my road bike. The slack geometry keeps it from rocking back and forth like my road bike when I get out of the saddle, and the taller tires raise the BB height. My knees hit the barcons sometimes.

And when I take it off road, how can you compare a rigid cross to a mountain bike with front suspension. Our trails out here are for the most part pretty technical.

The only place where this bike has shone is on fire roads. But honestly, I just don't ride a whole lot of fire roads.

Regardless, it was a pretty good ride. Though I have the bars set too low becase my lower back is screaming at me. My legs felt really good the first hour. Like nothing, just ticking over the pedals. But god, my chest and heart. I am still getting over this cold, and could hardly breathe. My chest felt like an elephant slept on it. Today was supposed to be zone 2 to get my legs ready for the MSP intervals tomorrow.

I think I over did it a little, as my legs are hurting now, and I feel like I've got the chills. That is bunk, that I can't even handle a 1hr ride. But I have to remember that I am coming off something like 4 days of inactivity, and am still getting over this cold.

Patience grasshopper. This isn't a convenience store, and we are so used to our convenience. I have to remember that the real goal is April and onwards.

Tomorrow, MSP

1 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Anonymous site said...

There's no doubt, the guy is completely right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home