Monday, March 30, 2009

philosophical notes

I need to keep better notes, but throughout the last few years I've been drawing analogies between life and mountain biking. There are so many parallels that one could say that everything I've learned I've learned through mountain biking. A lofty observation, to be sure, but when you break it down to specifics there is lots of crossover.

Things like hard work trumping natural ability, or being committed vs hesitating, and doing a little bit consitently is better then cramming all at once, keep your head up, ....

While we're on philisophical notes, I've been reading a little Dan Millman lately,and while some of it is out there, I've connected with several golden quotes that really resonante, especially with other endeavors in school and work.

Here's my current favorite:

Every positive change--every jump to a higher level of energy and
awareness--involves a rite of passage. Each time to ascend to a higher rung on
the ladder of personal evolution, we must go through a period of discomfort, of
initiation. I have never found an exception

Or as the Call said, "Brush of the dust and straighten your tie. " *what I can't believe is that in this day and age I had to actually go down to my basement and read these lyrics off the album as they weren't anywhere online.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Anonymous afrogshop said...

I saw really much worthwhile data above!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home