Tuesday, September 05, 2006

growing old before my time

I'm going to try out some Ensure


Specifically for the high carb content to help reach the target goal of 5g/kg body weight during a pre race meal.

A bottle of Ensure+ has 50g of carbs. I was really concerned because I am lactose intolerant. So things like Slim fast of carnation instant breakfast don't work for me. Ensure has a cool online chat. System. I logged on and got the low down in a few minutes.
-------------
The following Ensure® products are lactose-free: Ensure®, Ensure® Fiber, Ensure® High Calcium, Ensure® High Protein, Ensure® Plus, Ensure® Plus HN, and Ensure® Powder (if not mixed with milk).

Ensure® Pudding is not lactose-free. Ensure Pudding contains 5 g of lactose per serving.

All of our Ensure products contain some milk ingredients in the form of milk protein, but they do not contain lactose (milk sugar).
---------------

So I'm going to get some an test it out. Tomorrow morning is a tough trainer workout and this Sunday is a potential race. I really want to get the pre race meal dialed out and the in-race energy drink system fixed before the Douthat race on Sept 17th. That basically means I have this weekend to figure it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home