Friday, February 03, 2006

Don't like the weather? Just wait a few minutes.

There is a saying around these parts. "Don't like the weather? Just wait a few minutes." This time of year things change quickly. We have been pretty lucky actually. Only one or two snow/ice storms and then just some cold-windy days and some jewels like today.

Though it is going to change rapidly this weekend.
weather

Given the nice day I took some vacation time and got 4+hrs in. Really windy on the way back. Wasted me for the rest of the day. I think I said one time that given enough food long hours aren't too bad. I take that back. It wasn't easy.

Only a few more rides like this than it's into the torture chamber for the SMSP intervals. In Dave's book he talks about athletes questioning the drastic drop in volume when they go from the endurance phase to the SMSP intervals. I've got enough experience with them to not scoff at the lower volume. These are going hurt like anything.

This year I had uber motivation to get out and deal with the cold. Just doing that has been a real source of empowerment. I hope I can get as motivated for these intervals. My wife and I have a bike trip for our anniversary (I'll post more details later) in early March so I've got some focus to get fit.

Unfortunately the racing calender for me is totally up in the air with no VA sttate series to focus on. From last year I realized that I need at least one race every month or so to maintain focus. It is hard to answer the question, why am I working so hard w/o having a race to point to. I'm trying to nail down a calendar of races, but it's not the same as having a dedicated series to focus on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home