Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The problem with being a focused person

I like being able to focus on one thing at at time. My training program goes along those lines as there are blocks of days where I train and blocks where I don't. I had a business trip the past few days to DC and was totally off the bike, and the diet, and any excercise. Before that I was riding regularly and was in need of little break anyway so it works out.

But while on the trip I was really in work mode, and cycling wasn't the focus. Back home now, and there is a problem with the block mentality. It's hard to just go right back into the training. Even though I want to and need to, it takes some concentrated focus and effort to hop back on.

The weather is going to be in the 30s with wind advisories so that means windchills in the teens most likely. My bike is sweet but in the wind it gets a little twitchy. Even harder to mentally get back in to training mode.

Hmm maybe I should do base on the mtb tomorrow. The only problem with that is at Brush mtn, you just can't do a whole lot of easy riding, maybe 1.5hrs then the rest is hard enough that if you want to make it through the trail it takes some work. But maybe I can make it work.

1 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. I am at the point where I am just getting started training again after gaining about 8pnds. Get motivated and don't put off the work out...it only makes it harder! Just started checking out your blog...cool stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home