Sunday, January 01, 2006

The transformation begins

Got out for 2:45 on the road bike this morning. 35 degrees to start. I felt really comfortable until the sun went behind the clouds then I got a little chilly. Just had coffee then went riding.

I brought 3 taquitos

and a PBJ sandwich wheat bread/organic PB. And I was still slightly bonking a little.

My legs hurt a lot especially on any climbs. Some dogs chased me one time and I had nothing to get away from them with. It's to be expected coming off strength lifting. Tomorrow starts the Power Phase

Mon Heavy(pwr phase)
Tue 1hr easy ride
Wed Sprint Intervals 4 sets x 4 reps x 15on, 60off, 5 mins between sets
Thur 1 hr easy ride / off
Fri Light(pwr phase)
Sat 2hr easy ride
Sun 1.5hr easy ride

Mon Heavy (pwr)
Tue 1hr easy ride
Wed Sprint Intervals 4 sets x 4 reps x 15on, 60off, 5 mins between sets
Thur 1 hr easy ride / off
Fri Light(pwr)
Sat 2hr easy ride
Sun 1.5hr easy ride

If I got the gumption I might increase the distance of the 1hr and 2hr rides
Sprints are going to hurt. I hate sprints.

The power lifting is basically squats and hamstring curls. Done at in the following configurations

Sets % of Max
8 45%
6 50%
4 55%
3 60%

Done at high rate of speed. Basically jumping off the ground for sqauts.

I will also do some dead lift to work on my core strength and ab work. For upper body I'm just going to mess around with some more variety, like dips, pullups, wrist curls, and shoulder work.

This begins the transformation back to a cyclist. Historically in a few more weeks should start to feel halfway decent on the bike again. And once through the SMSP and MSP phases then I start feeling really good.

10lbs

That is how much weight I put on since I stopped racing.

Goal: 10 lbs by Mid April

That's like 15 weeks. So it is realistic. Pretty simple. Riding more, eating the same or less, no more weights so upper body muscles will atrophy some. No candy jars of Reese's and we're golden.

I've got Mr.T in my corner.
I'm watching you, Sucka!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home