Friday, December 30, 2005

A losing battle

While away from home, it's a losing battle to not eat junk. My mindset changes when the stuff is around. If it's there I gotta eat it.

P1010063

The above candy jar WAS full to the top with these chocolate kiss type things that were filled with peanut butter. I was activitely engaged in an elaborate scientific experiment to determine how they compared to Reese's : the ultimate baseline to which all chocolate/peanut butter combinations are compared to.

By the time we left the jar was empty. Conclusion: They were pretty damn good. Smoother chocolate flavor than Reeses. Nice balance with the peanut butter. But I don't know what brand they are. And they were not orange. So Reese's is still king.

At home, we just don't have that much junk food around. If we did it goes within a day. I practice being a magician more than I practice my bunnyhops. I go to our pantry, and open the door, trying to conjure up something to snack on. Chocolate, chips, etc. I do this at least 5-10 times a day. It never works. I am still practicing.

In the meantime I lose weight, slowly. Until equilbrium is reached.

1 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I've eaten anything that doesn't contain sugar, chocolate, or excessive amounts of salt for the past week or so.

Know that you're not in the minority and most people are eating this stuff right now.

All the junk food will be out of our house (well, eaten) after New Years'.

Speaking of which, have a good one, and I'll talk with you in '06!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home