Friday, December 30, 2005

On to power phase

Just finished my last workout in the Strength phase. On to power.

Power is an intersting phase in the overall plan. The weight work is really minimal. And performed with light weights at high speed. For squats you literally jump off the ground. It's good to get some looks from people in the gym.

Also done are muscle endurance intervals, sprints and leadouts along with the beginning of some endurance work. For upper body the book calls for doing another round of strength but I put on some decent upper body mass this year so am just going to do some pullups/dips and light shoulder stuff for kicks.

One of the things I love about this plan and periodized training is that each period is different a little and the change and transition helps provide an opportunity to redevelop my focus and passion. Obviously I like to ride and I want to race well, and it may not seem like it, but it takes an enormous amount of mental energy to stay focused, motivated and on track.

With my personality I could easily be knee deep into some project at the work bench, learning how to skateboard, or 'trying' to work on my car. The transition to each new period helps revitalize the focus.

Onward and upward. Hopefully I can start to lose some of this weight I put on. Part of it is muscle part of it is fat from the porkfest at my parents.

1 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Anonymous contactos en madrid said...

Quite effective material, lots of thanks for the article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home