Monday, March 10, 2008

Oh my acheing shoulders

The back of my shoulders have been really acheing after every mtn bike ride. I'm not riding a whole lot and haven't been lifting in months so it could just be fatigue. But my external rotators are tender.

I've been trying to keep an elbows out position more which I'm sure is taxing them a lot. Wes had suggested some external rotator exercises that I need to get on. Also I might not try and emphasis so much of an elbows out position. It sure does seem to promote more stability on the downhills but my shoulders are amazingly weak during any movements involving the external rotator.

2 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy!!

I was wondering, do you try to follow Morris' plan as it is written in 10 day increments or transpose it a more normal and family attenuated 7 day schedule?

Thanks!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Ashwin Amanna said...

It depends. Sometimes it is less guilt ridden to perform some of the longer rides during the week if I've got sufficient flexibility in work.

Even though the weekends are when a typical 9-5er would do the long workouts, it can induce more family related stress to do them on the weekend. Honey I have to do a 3hr mtb ride plus 1hr driving each way.... Oh and the next day i'll need to get in 2hrs. You know the whole block training thing....!

But typically I seem to schedule one long ride to occur on a weekend, and the second back to back day will be hard but shorter and often performed on the trainer in order to accomodate family time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home