Thursday, March 06, 2008

Hail to Morris

This past weekend my friend led me on an epic 3hr plus ride on Brush. Not just any ride, but 4X up the mountain. There is no easy way about this mountain either. 4X up is typically 2 more than we normally do.

The entire ride I was going pretty solid. Very pleased with how well it went given the state of training.

This ride solidified just how awesome the Morris plan is for the real-world heroes that 95% of us are. Jobs, wives, kids, homes, other hobbies, sleep deprivation.... We want to ride well and ride hard, but there is no way that we can fit in the 10-15hrs of training that a typical program calls for at the sport to expert level.

I swear in the past month I've maybe done one ride over 2 hrs, with many being under 50minutes. Realistically riding training about 3-4 days with 1-2 days completely off and 1 day just spinning. Lately I've been commuting a little more by bike. Right now my mind is focused elsewhere and my time is being divided into numerous avenues.

Sure with a will there is a way and I could fit in more riding, but honestly I don't even want to right now. But I DO want to ride well when I am out there. I DO want to be able to climb, single track and descend as well as I know I can. Hence the praise to Morris. I can have my cake and eat it too. Balancing everything that most of us has on our plates is a success in unto itself. I mean think about it. You gotta take care of yourself, be partner with your wife in the business of regular life..If you have kids it's an exponential increase in demands. Then we got jobs, if you have a house it adds another dimension of needs, and then there is TV, sports, Xbox and other necessities. Oh sleep too. and on and on.

It takes commitment and effort but I think the plan is worth it just to be able to ride well on that weekend group ride.

2 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger Warren Schimizzi said...

REST! The secret is rest! Seems to me that when you were on the bike all the time you got way burned out. Now when you get on the bike you feel frsh going into workouts, thus you get a better workout and a better ride! This year I've only had one 10 hr+ week. Most have been 8-9hrs, and I feel AWESOME! Rest, my friend...rest. Now when I'm on the couch with my feet propped up, it's training!

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous аренда апартаментов в барселоне said...

In my opinion everybody must go through it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home