Saturday, February 10, 2007

oh my feet!

oh man my feet are in agony. It's been going on for weeks now but it's getting worse. I'm pretty sure it's hives. They swell, and itch something fierce, and some have been chafed and turned into callouses.

At first I thought it was athlete's foot but the situation is very similar to some hives I had on my hands last year. Hypersensitivity on the tips of the digits combined with a few red/swollen points that itch to the point of madness.

Wearing socks/shoes aggravates the swelling/itching. It's got to the point of almost panic attacks today. And so painful on the tips of my toes and the bottom of my big toe that I have difficulty walking. But riding is actually not too bad because once the shoes go on the foot really doesn't move around a whole lot in the shoes. But getting the shoes on is painful.

Benedryl is helping a little but after 4hrs the itching comes back bad.
**Edit** Zyrtec has helped for 12hr period. **

Last year I finally got some prescription corticosteroid that helped end the hives. I'm not quite sure what the cause of onset was. Maybe the stress from increased training, though the issue has been going on for well before the intervals started.

I don't think I've eaten anything out of the ordinary

1 Comments:

At 2:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashwin, I have been affected by hives over the last 2years. Corticosteriods didn't work for me, but antihistamines do. One a day tab like Claritin or Aerius works well. I think it is caused by too much on your plate-itis...at least for me. I could come home from a tiring day at work and my wife and children swarming around me...the hives would just spring into action.
Alan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home