Friday, May 26, 2006

Schmenge Fest

Tonight was the dinner where Bob Roll was the guest speaker.
DSC00812

Went out for beers before hand with Scott and John, which was as much fun as seeing Bob speak actually. To give you an idea of how insular a life I live with family, work, riding, I cannot remember the last time I went out for a beer with friends. Sad.

Bob Roll is as funny as you'd imagine. Quite a cult of personality. Genuinely a nice guy. It's amazing how someone has made such a career out of being goofy. His stories of the peleton and the early years of Americans over in Europe were hilarious. His impersonations of other nationalities like the French, Belgians, and Aussies was pure gold.

He touched a little on the whole doping debacle going on in a joking manner of course.

We had actually left the dinner, but I had forgotten to get a marshall's vest for my wife for Sunday's ride, so I went back and luckily had my camera. I figured when is the next time I am going to have a chance to get my picture taken with a cycling figure such as Bobke.

1 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Keith said...

Cool stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home