Thursday, August 04, 2005

Quite possibly the perfect Vegetable

Ok. Let's get a couple of things straight. I am NOT a vegetable person. If it was up to me they would be removed from the food group pyramid. Except for iceberg lettuce, and those little baby carrots. Corn too is ok I guess, but only when soaked in butter and either freshly husked or out of that Little green giant can.

Well in general I'm not a vegetable person. My wife got these things on a whim, and they are the absolute greatest thing since sliced bread.
P1010050

P1010051

They are basically soy beans.

Soy by the way has got the be the most versatile food item ever found. I cannot believe the amount of stuff they can make with it. I'm lactose intolerant


And have developed a taste for Soy milk. The vanilla kind cause it is sweet. But soy milk is just the top of the iceberg. They got Soy ice cream, that tastes quite good. Tofu of course. I'm just waiting for them to make clothes and tires out of it.

Anyway back to these beans. I don't know what it is about it. Maybe it's the form factor cause you gotta squeeze the beans out of the pod, which is kinda fun. But they just taste SOO good. This brand is lightly salted and even taste buttery. There is another brand that is still good but not as good as this one.

The whole family digs them. It becomes a race to see who can eat them the fastest. You snooze you loose. Take a breather for a second and they are gone gone gone. Finicky 5 year old and 7 year old love them.

Got some protein too.

Don't be stingy like my wife and only make half the bag. Cook it all up cause you are gonna love them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home