Friday, July 22, 2005

Ride with Nick Martin

Cool new pro Mountain biker BLOG
Ride with Nick Martin

Reading it I was getting goosebumps feeling his nervousness and cheering for him. A nice read. More of a rookie down to earth Pro grinding his way race to race.

It is just amazing the amount of commitment these pros have for the sport. Lower to mid level pros and the privateers who scrounge their way race to race. Eat drink, sleep, train, race. That is their life. I don't think many of them live the glamorous life that we often think of as pro cycling. They just have to love it so much to suffer like they do for little monetary reward or fame. Which is inspiring.

2 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Martini said...

Much respect brother, thanks for posting me to your site... I noticed a bunch of people coming to my site from yours and had to check it out. I appreciate you checking the site out! Stay tuned...
Best of Rides
Nick Martin

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"who scrounge their way to race"

Ive read nick's site, too and, although he is a dedicated racer, I would hardly say he has to scrounge his way to race. The dude drives a $50,000 Taureg! Ma & Pa's got some bucks - that is how most of these young'uns get by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home