Thursday, March 31, 2005

Leadouts--not today

tried to do some leadout intervals on the trainer today.
start in a high gear. low enough to pedal slowly, but high enough that I can't totally spin out

:20 on, :20 off.

Had the Tacx in the slope mode so it just showed whatever power I was putting out. The most I got up to was 500w.

supposed to do 5 sets of 6. Only made it to 2 sets. Torn between the, suck it up and push through vs the just screw it mindset. Just not feeling all there.

Still hemming and hawing about racing on Sunday. The forcast is calling for rain through Sat. A few days ago it was calling for sunny and in the 50s, now it is showing chance of snow/rain showers and a high of 39.

2 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY!... you have been working HARD over the last few months... Based upon your blog entries, your power looks pretty good (so long as your weight is under control). I'm in Texas. You should have seen conditions for my first two races. They were both slop fests... Check out pics from the Norba National at Tapatio. I just went in with the mindset that if it sucked for me, it sucked just as bad or even worse for the guy next to me. Actually, after about 5 minutes into the race, it was a blast. Kind of like when you're a kid playing in the mud and not caring how dirty your britches are getting. Used those conditions to my advantage, you know? I can understand family and/or work commitments getting in the way, but the weather is no factor.

Don't want to be too harsh, but if you're not going to race, then why suffer all these workouts? I'm following the Morris plan too, using him in the same way as you (4 mo. plan w/ periodic consulting). I found I had some nerves going into the season's first race, but it actually ended up being easier than the workouts I had been putting myself through... sorry to ramble... just a little free association going on. Also, I want to read account of it on your blog... and if conditions are crap, it should make the write-up that much more interesting...

Good Luck,
Clay (1024rider)

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Thor said...

working out is the hardest and most rewarding thing you can do

best of luck!!

from the furniture fasteners guys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home