Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Fugly fit

Been trying to dial in my road bike after my Serotta fit. My account at flickr is full for the month so I can't post pictures till after the 1st.

I've got this fugly 130mm stem 5degree rise on there. Still not totally comfortable yet. I do not like how it looks at all. Just doesn't look right w/o a -17degree stem. Buy if I can ride more powerful doesn't matter. I've got ZERO cycling fashion sense anyway so it's not like a stem is going to make any more difference.

The stem is from Interloc. Closeout $20. I mean who wants a 130 quill stem with +5 deg rise these days? Reminds me of back in the day back in 1988, I got my first real good mountain bike. A KHS Montana XT. XT thumbshifters..So nice.. Didn't matter that it was a size too big, cause I didn't know any better. There was an IRD stem at the bike shop. Really pretty, black with white Interloc logo and green leaves. I just fell in love with it and got it for a birthday present. Didn't matter that I had no clue what the point of a stem was or what reach to the bars meant.

Rode my bike to the library a few nights later. Came back out to ride home. Someone had cut all the cables, and undid the quill and pulled the who handle bar/stem off. Stem, shifters, bar, the works.

I was bumming.

today:
65 degrees, sunny. tan lines are on their way

Tried to do some tempo intervals today. With some tag the bully thrown in there. 10 min intervals with tags at minute 1, 4, and 7. Was riding ok till I tried a hill climb. Legs just didn't want to turn over. Not sure if I'm just tired from the ride on Sat still or if I'm just tired from adapting to the new fit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home