Thursday, March 31, 2005

Personal Massage Therapist

Lance's program has over 50 support staff. My program has 0. Well take that back. 3. My kids and my wife indulge my passion and cheer when they can which counts as super support. But you know how it is, I had to let my seigneur and personal chef go because we just weren't meshing together.

So there are no massages here. Like many cyclists my upper back knots up something fierce. And deep pressure massage is like nirvana. But if you think after working part time and taking care of two kids that my wife is gonna do anything more than scratch my back for a sec you're in the wrong house. I sometimes try to get my kids to walk on my back, ala George Jefferson

or to stick their chin or elbow into there but it doesn't work too often.

Other tricks are to roll on top of a tennis ball or use the corner of a wall. But here is my personal massage therapist that works the best.


This is a Therecane and it kicks ass. It has several small balls on the ends of it that can be placed near anywhere on the body. The levers allow you to put some serious pressure at the end points.


Getting deep pressure right at those problems spots in the upper back. Ahhh. I really only use it for my upper back, sometimes for hamstrings, and lower back.

1 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Anonymous site said...

Quite useful info, thanks for this article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home