Thursday, March 10, 2005

angels and devils

MSP intervals this morning. 15on 7 off, 12 on 6 off 10on.
270W on my trainer is what I aim for for long intervals. 15 is on the longer side for me, so I did it at 260W.

Felt fine, just cruising along. It felt difficult but it is that difficult that is in your head. You body can tolerate it but you head just wants to stop and go easier. You've one angel on a shoulder telling you to push push, and you've got the devil on the other shoulder telling you to just back off and take it easy.


2nd interval pushed it up to 270. Still doable, but hard again. Third one I went for the gold and upped it to 280.

Made it about 7 mins until the legs bogged. cadence was getting slower and slower until just bogged down. took the tension all the way down then spun back up and brought the wattage to 270 and finished out the interval.

It is interesting that a 10w increment is like hitting a wall sometimes.

Tomorrow is the first litmus test to see how I ride off road without holding back. It is still a little bit fantasy because when you ride alone you are always the fastest one. But I hope I can find references such as what gear I usually ride certain sections in and general perceived exertion vs how fast I'm going.

1 Comments:

At 2:22 AM, Anonymous palmcop said...

Well, I don't really think it will work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home