Sunday, February 13, 2005

Chillin' Weekend

Just relaxed this weekend. Finished off my son's window box seat.
Before:
windb4

After:
windaft
windaft2



Went hiking with the boys, had some friends over for dinner Sat. Nothing spectacular. But it is NEVER boring. I feel sorry for people w/o kids, because they actually have to work at fighting boredom. With kids, it's taken care of. Just wait a few seconds and something will happen.

Sunday I headed out to the Pond to just mountain bike for an hour. It felt nice to just ride along and feel the bike moving underneath me. The ground was thawing out and muddy as heck. I decided to walk several climbs rather than slog it out. I could have done it ya know, but decided that it didn't fall under the classification of recovery.

Though I did ride one muddy grunt when there was a hiker coming down. I do have some pride. Skipped a lot of single track and just rode the fire road and took the highway back to the car. Sure it wasn't sweet single track but it was fun. You know how there are those people that aren't having fun unless they are riding on single track? But anything on the bike is cool to me. I got back to the car sooner than I expected so I rode around practicing some psuedo trials moves on the landscape timbers, and working on track stands. I used to do that stuff all the time, even sideways hopping up flights of stairs. (Really short steps on those stairs btw)

I'm such a fair weather rider. Mainly because I don't have time to clean my bike anymore. And I hate stiction in the cables. It's funny training the way I am. I get in such a focused mindset that sometimes I would just rather ride on the trainer. It's wierd I know, but Ive got tunnel vision. It can be a little counter productive to train in vacuum like this, and I need to make sure that I get out with some groups, especially some fast groups just to put me back into a good reference. Cause it's easy to be the fastest in my mind when I'm on the trainer.

cya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home