Friday, February 11, 2005

It's ON now!

Whew, survived another session the torture chamber. 24 freaking minutes in the ON. 4 sets of 6 reps of 1 bys at 320W. I was raging through the first two sets. The third set I could feel the fatigue taking its toll, and the 1 min off was starting to not be enough.

The last set, I was talking to myself to get me through it. Come on, one more, one more. I kept changing to a new song on the MP3 player looking for the one that would get me through the next interval.

I gotta take a picture of the sticky note that I have on my top tube. I write down the workout, and then I was making tick marks for each interval I do. It is SO easy to forget which on you are on. The pen dropped out of my jersey pocket after the first two on the last set. So it was ok, # 3 this is 3, or 4 we are on 4 now, 5, just this and one more. ok last one.
int1


I could feel the coffee coming up on the last one, I think if I had tried to burp it out I woulda hurled.

GOD please let this be worth it. It's hard to train in a vacuum like this. Just one ride in the real world with some real people and I'm sure I'll be back to reality. But I've NEVER trained this hard. Every race has been a reality check and it always hurts way more than training and every time I'm never prepared enough. Maybe not this time.

Stage 13 from the 2003 Tour was on the tape. This is the stage where Lance crashed when his bar grabbed that Musette bag. The anger and the agony and the pain on his face. And the rider that got caught Sylvan, Ullrich, Vinnie. All of them, workin' it.

Well, another workout checked off. Day by day man, keep working it keep putting one foot in front of the other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home