Sunday, January 02, 2005

A new year and warm weather in January

A rare day to have 60s in January in SW Virginia.

Earlier this week was hectic at work, so no riding. Took Thursday off and went to Carvin's Cove with a friend.

It was very nice to ride someplace new. Usually I ride the same local trails except for the 4 or so races I go to.
This place has some fun trails. ground was soft and sucked a lot of energy out, but still a blast. We went down this one side hill trail that was deep with leaves. We couldn't see where any of the dropoffs were or the front wheel eating holes. Just hang on for dear life and can't slow down too much w/the rear brakes because then the rear wheel just slides. My technical skills were actually ok. If I can just build upon them from here I'll be happy.

I felt really strong.

Next day did a road ride I had never done before. I thought it would take 2.5 to 3 hrs. 3.5 hrs later I am crawling home. Wife was pissed I was so late, I was bonking, kids were crazy. It was a scene. slammed some Endurox and took a quick shower, then immediately took the little one to the playground. I am all bundled up trying to not get chilled, trying to sit on the bench and vege, and not 2 seconds there, he is on the swing..PUSH ME..!!!

Ah so much for recovering as hard as you train. Had to take some coffee to stay up for new years.

Took next day totally off, let the wife do her thing riding, then shopping while I put the roof rack on the subaru.

I sold the truck last week. Then next day get 3 calls for it. Oh well, it was a painless sale and I got what I asked for, so can't get better than that.

Today I did 3reps of 10mins of Muscle Endurance intervals. high res, low cadence. It didn't really hurt too bad.

This week rain is moving in, so if tomorrow is dry I will take some vacation time and get a long ride in before the rain and work build up again.

Soon, the intervals in the basement will start.
Happy New Year

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home