Tuesday, December 14, 2004

One way ticket on the vomit train

Yesterday was the sprint intervals. Went to the gym and used one of the heavy Spin cycles with SPD pedals.

Warmed up, then while completely seated, chose a gear that was hard to turn at first, but allowed me to spin it out at a high rpm.

God it hurt. legs were burning, heart racing, lungs burning.

15seconds on 60 seconds off X4 5mins easy between sets

I was supposed to do 4 sets of these. I made it to 3 sets before I had to stop and get off.

I was dizzy and nauseous to the point that I had to go lay down on one of the sit-up mats for like 10 minutes. I was almost curled up in a ball in the fetal position. My middle name isn't earl for nothing. I thought I was going to hurl.



The comical thing is that I really didn't go that hard. Or at least it didn't seem that fast. It was towards the end of the day after work and I was probably pretty low on energy. Should have popped a gel or something before hand.

Oh well gotta start somewhere. The great thing about it, is that the more I improve over the season the more rewarding it is. Think how sad it must be to be an elite level rider where they are already at the highest level of fitness and they only improve in small increments. Yeah, really a sob story!!

Well, if your face doesn't hurt from contorting it into funny faces, than you aren't going hard enough, I always say.

It's in the 20s with wind chills in the teens this morning with a high in the 30s. I think I'll be doing some easy riding on the trainer in the basement today.

I've got a Tacx Flow ergo trainer. It works fairly well for the intervals at set power levels. It doesn't work so well for low cadence work though.

2 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

Yeah!!! Blowing chunks rocks! Keep working hard man, it will pay off in the Spring....Trust me!

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous posicionamiento web said...

It won't actually have success, I consider this way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home