Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Back on the mtn bike

Finally got the mountain bike running again. Got the Stans no tubes going and my new wheels put on.

I felt SO awkward the first day out. Just an hour on the trails in the 20s. I hate wearing those thick gloves. My hands hurt anyway when braking and with those gloves and not being on the bike for so long it was tough.

I went again after Xmas. Getting better ,but still feel like a rookie. My timing is all off, balance, where to put my weight, etc. Where to look. All those things that come with time spent in the saddle off road.

For me it comes slowly, so I hope I can maintain some level of consistency to stay on the mtb at least once a week before getting into the race season.

The wheels are still round. The do feel light. $100 1530 gram wheelset. Not bad.

XMAS was awesome. first time in ever we haven't travelled somewhere or someone has not come to see us. Everyone was healthy. Very relaxing.

This week is lot of work, late nights. I am going to take some time off to ride and hang out after Wed.

Got one more lifting session in the power phase, then it is 3 weeks(if I can do it) in the Endurance phase
long rides combined with sprints and muscle endurance intervals.

Hopefully the weather is supposed to warm up.

1 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

Keep push'n it man! The hard work will pay off! Remember to rest as hard as you train.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home