Monday, January 24, 2005

The mechanics workout

Worked on the car a lot the past few days. Makeing me wish I had a real heater or a heated garage. I had it in my mind that I needed to finish this stuff now so I could move onto other things, so I am working on the car in 25 degrees or cooler. The only saving grace is that it was in a garage.

Got a lot of respect for mechanics. My lower back was killing from leaning into the engine, and my neck is so sore from when working on my back, and my shoulders are sore from turning a wrench in awkward positions, and my back is sore from the wrench turning, pulling and trying to get those damn Spark plug boots off in really awkward places.

The good thing is that I am worthy of watching Spike TV now and I probably saved myself 2-300$ by doing some of this work myself.

Installed rear sway bar
New plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, changed oil, oil filter, installed new WRX manual pedal set, short throw shifter.

Put on one of those Fumovalve oil drain valves so the next time I change the oil, I just have to flip a little lever and I can even put on a hose to drain it right into the pan.

Off course, with me NOTHING is ever easy. it was such a pain to get the spark plug boots on, and I was scared to death I was going to cross thread a plug in there.

But so far driving to work it was driving SWEET. Makeing me lose some of my desire to get the WRX engine swap in there.

I am going to have someone else install
-Timing belt, oil pump seal, shifter bushing, 4 struts, 4 springs, 4 strut mounts.

Here is a picture of the rear sway bar. It makes the wagon handle incredible.
sway 2
sway 1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home