Monday, January 10, 2005

Date ride

Got a babysitter on Sat and did a road ride with the wife.

It was bright and sunny, but the wind was howling. For once I started into the wind so the way back wouldn't be so bad.

It was fun. It's interesting that even though we've been married for 8 years, I still can't help but try and show off, like hauling butt up a hill, or pushing a big gear to catch up if I stopped to eat something. Ah the psyche of men.

Sun, I impressed myself to have coffee and get out for a mtn bike ride a the pond before 8am. Under 30degrees out there. Was hoping the ground would be frozen but it was so warm the previous day that it was still a little mucky. I warmed up real fast, and wished I hadn't have worn those big gloves.

Fun ride, trying to push some big gears to keep working on my cycling specific strength. Downhilling is still a joke.

Both rides were under 2hrs. I need to motivate again to get out for some longer periods of time while this nice weather is hanging around.

I even washed my mountain and road bike. Now that has been a long time coming.


Sleep seems to be under control a little.
Either a 10mg of Ambien or 5mg Ambien+3mg Melatonin. Plus a shot of Oxymetatazine (generic Afrin) to keep my sinus cleared so I can breathe.

But oh man, when that nasal spray wears off my sinus/nasal passages are almost 100% blocked. And allergy medication like Singulair doesn't help a whole lot for the inflamed tissue. The nasocort steriod nasal spray doesn't help too much either.

sudafed helps a little but this blockage is freaking terrible. I get out of breath and winded just eating lunch because I can't breathe through my nose when chewing my food.

As much as I hate to think about another surgery the thought of snipping the turbinites as the Allergy/sleep doc mentioned is getting more and more appealing, if this ultra congestion doesn't go away.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home