Thursday, December 20, 2007

Cold turned into Sinus infection

I thought that this time I was going to keep it under control. But I didn't even follow my own advice from the last time I'd gotten a sinus infection after a regular cold.

This cold started out bad, with one of the worst sore throats I've ever had. However, it didn't seem to follow the typical course of most colds. I never really had a lot of drainage, so I didn't get onto the sudafed very much. And was hoping to avoid the dreaded secondary sinus infection.

But after 5 days of off/on fever without seeming to get better, and the pressure in my sinsuses beginning to increase I knew what was up. And got my meds. I've also been doing my sinus wash. Man that little squeeze bottle is the best thing since sliced bread. In a war against snot this thing is the shotgun, rail gun, and rocket launcher all in one.

I have not touched my bike or done any type of excercise for 7 days. I think that the meds will kick in by tomorrow or the next and I'll start to feel halfway normal again. My goal is to just start back slowly and take a week or two to get the legs back underneath me.

1 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coincidental? I caught influenza (temp. of 103) and missed almost 2 weeks of endurance phase. Have made this up by increasing volume on subsequent blocks and extending endurance phase by one week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home