Monday, June 11, 2007

A torture device

This is torture


I've been having some issues with my left Quad muscles. Now I think it might be the IT band.


Regardless my muscles are just knots. Mobility is weak. Left knee splaying. Some things I've read point to the IT band as well as hip flexors as causes for knee splaying.

This video discusses using a foam roller to help increase mobility. In addition, there seems to be a lot of coaches and trainers suggesting their use.

The general consensus seems to be that if it hurts it's a sign that you need it.

OMG. I must need this. At this point I cannot do the IT band roll with my full weight on the leg. I've got to have one leg out for support.

It is getting a tad better. But I've got a feeling that doing these has tired out my legs as they just have felt like they've got no power the last few days. Hopefully in 2-3 weeks they'll start adapting.

My goal is to be able to roll out the IT band like this

especially down by the knee.

I use this thing in conjunction with my friend, the Stick.
Though I like the blue length. The stick feels as good as the foam roller hurt. The two together are like good cop bad cop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home