Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Road Tire rotation strategy.

When riding the road bike on the trainer a lot, the rear wheel gets pretty worn down. It gets a flat spot down the middle.

The front tires really don't wear down that much. I rotated the front to the rear and the rear to the front. However when cornering it was really scary. The worn down tire from the rear just didn't corner very well.

The plan now is to move the front to the rear and trash the worn down rear tire and put a new one on. This saves a little money in that you don't replace both tires at the same time. But it's safer than putting the really worn rear tire onto the front.

2 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger DrG said...

True. I'm thinking of also doing that as one of my semi-slicks wore down since I got my bike. But I'll probably go for a knobby in the back and keep the remaining semi-slick in the front.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger spokejunky said...

They make trainer tires as well so you don't have to see the worn spot on your cylinders:

http://www.glorycycles.com/coulsphotrti.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home