Tuesday, February 13, 2007

commitment or (need to be) committed?

So I was a little bummed all day today that I had to cut my workout short. If I hadn't gotten distracted I think physically I could have finished it.

After a stressful day at work, I got home and ate too much and hung out with the family. After they'd gone to bed I pulled out the shorts/jersey and went back down to the basement to knock off those 5 intervals that I hadn't done this morning. My wife was quite surprised.

I wanted to check that workout off and couldn't rightfully do it w/o bagging those 5.

Let's just say that I ate too much for dinner.
It was hard. Want to puke/pass out hard. But I did it and checked it off.

I've gotten several comments lately and emails about my training. It's quite motivating to know that others are reading and watching my progress. I'm definitely more externally motivated, though I bet most champions are internally motivated.

1 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Most Champions" aren't you. Feed off what drives you and keep up the efforts.

Bear

 

Post a Comment

<< Home