Thursday, July 20, 2006

Hardtail dying

I think my hardtail is on it's last legs. The rear wheel keeps slipping. I'd sent it back recently and the builder had re ground the drops with a negative grind basically tapering them slightly so the wheel wouldn't move that direction. Under really heavy pedal pressure like on a short steep climb it still slips. Not as bad as before.

He said the drops are getting soft. It's going on 8-9 years. I don't think it is worth fixing at this point and I don't want to put $ into it. It's fine for light duty and it will be a great bike for commuting or for the kids when they get older. New drops can always be welded on anyway.

I'd like to get another hardtail but lately I've been into the FS. I'm saving my ebay stash for an Azure maybe. But I still love hardtails, there will always be a place for them.

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Warren Schimizzi said...

Amen! I just took the suspension fork off of the Rig. No gears, no suspension - front or rear. Yea baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home