Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bad days all around

Well before I even saw the tape of Floyd's imposion in the TDF, I was having a bad day. Stressful events at work weighing on the mind.

This past weekend I was riding really strong.

Yesterday not so. Just felt like crap the entire ride and rest of the day. It wasn't sore legs cause they burn or tenderness wasn't there just no power no snap. Tired. Same thing today. Not sure if it is just cummulative fatigue or combination of life stressors and some lack of sleep.

One characteristic of really good riders I think is their ability to compartmentalize life. Lance is probably the best example of it. It's not an easy thing to do. And just another example of how hard it is to be a regular joe.

1 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, it's just that time of the year. It's half way through most people's riding season, the weather is starting to get hot (in the north at least), and I find that most people I know (I know that I do) start to burn out a bit.

Take a couple of days of the bike or go for a ride with your kids. You'll appreciate the ride more, get some spinning done, and have a good time too.

I've been feeling stronger all month and headed out for a planned road ride up one of the local mountains. I made it about 2km before I turned around for home. Some days it just isn't worth it.

Floyd didn't have a choice -- he had to ride during his off day. He's just lucky the Tour field is so bleedin' weak this year.

You have no idea how pissed I am that Pereiro looks set to roll over for Landis... Don't get me wrong, Floyd wants it badly, but it isn't much of a competition when there's so much pack filler...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home