Thursday, June 15, 2006

Opportunities

When I first started doing the Morris Style training I suffered like a dog through the intervals. It was a motivational struggle to get my butt down to the basement torture chamber. I've since come to almost enjoy some of the intervals and can get through them ok.

With the exception of Leadouts and Sprints. I recently got my latest calendar for the next 4 months of training. To my dismay there were leadout workouts scheduled at least once a week.

I don't know what it is about these things that just brings on the dread. Maybe it's that with the other intervals I can actually do them with some level of success. Or that there is more quantitative feedback (power/time) with the other ones, but not so with the leadouts. Or maybe it is just that I feel like I flail on sprints and leadouts.

Typically, these are the workouts that I bag early if I'm feeling bad. However I made it through todays relatively unscathed.
DSC00863

10x :20 on :20 off. 2-4 minutes rest between sets Not a second to daydream. I make tick marks in order to remember where I am in the workout. Otherwise I'd lose count after the 3rd one.

Dave says to look at challenges like this as positive opportunities rather than chores. An opportunity to make yourself better.

It reminds me of a time in highschool math class. I was a geeky nerd plain and simple. In a sophmore class one year this sort of hot burnout upperclassman girl was sitting behind me. The teacher was lecturing how we should look at tests as opportunities. Opportunities to change ourselves.

Under her breath, the girl behind me says,
"Change my schedule."

I'll keep working on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home