Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Don't forget the little things

Had the road bike on the stand to wipe down the chain, and noticed that there was a ton of stiction when pedaling and backpedaling. I dropped the chain and spun the crank and it turned like butter.

Took the wheel off and spun it in my hands. It even has some play in it so there is no stiction there.

Turned the chain with no wheel and I could feel something wrong.

Ah the pulleys.

took them out and lubed them up. Wow AMAZING difference. Promptly ordered some new ones as these have been on there since 2000

Don't forget the little things

1 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was refurbing my Sugar the other day and I noticed the same thing. Glad to have read this. I have a brand new trashed xt derailleur, so I will just swap the pulleys.
_hamilton

 

Post a Comment

<< Home