Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Credit Card training

Intervals: 1min on : 45seconds off. 3sets of 5 with 2min rest between set. I did the first set at 310W, then bumped up to 320w then back down to 310. Right about the third rep, I started to get behind the 8 ball, and hadn't fully recovered before the next interval started. By the 5th rep I had that gasping for air, fish out of water feeling.

Sort of like when you get in over your head with credit cards, the way the Man sets it up, you just keep digging your own grave and can never get out of the hole.

My face was taking on that permanent mask. Trying to smile to make it through it, but utterly strained. Just like the Joker


I can make time stand still during the interval, and literally watch the seconds tick by at double speed during the rest.

One more step towards training as hard as I race. The one last prize that I haven't been able to achieve is actually cramping during training. The self preservation response kicks in, and I'll back off enough so that I don't cramp, but in a race, I always cramp. Argh, that excruciating total muscle lock up. Usually it is the insides of my thighs, sometimes the front of the quad. The inside of the thigh ones bring tears they are so painful. The last couple of races, I still cramped but was able to ride through them better than in the past.

Endurolytes help a little prolong the time until the cramps start, but there is no magic bullet here for me.

2 days of rest is going to be nice. Weather is for crap. really windy, and in the 20s. School canceled for a 3rd day in a row.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home