Tuesday, June 09, 2009

aching lower back

Been riding some here and there. It's a little bit of a condundrum. I'm riding very strong at times, but it definitely doesn't last long. Climbing really well, most likely due to long road climbs. It's interesting though how my power riding on the singletrack has weakened. They don't go hand in hand and are different systems.

Power to weight vs pure power.

I'd stopped lifting in April and I could feel my core and upper body collapsing within a few weeks. I started back with some upper body work and stiff legged deadlifts. This put some strain onto my lower back and then went on some serious climbing. Ohh that put a hurting on the lower back.

hopefully in a few weeks my back will be back (pun intended) to a more stabilized state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home