Tuesday, September 09, 2008

First new bike I've wanted in a while

I've been very very happy with my Iron Horse Azure. Two keys to making it work properly that I've discovered are
1) light wheels
2) middle ring

My climbing has improved dramatically ever since I made a conscious decision to stay in the middle ring as long as possible. The rear just hooks up and stays solid. My pedaling style has changed a lot during climbing steeper grades but it all seems to work well together and I've clearing things and climbing pitches that I haven't in a long time.

So for the past several years, I haven't felt any desire for a new bike. Well I always want a new custom steel frame of one kind of another, but I haven't felt the desire to scour the forums and google may way to a slow death with regards to new suspension frames.

Until I came across this. My man DW Link has moved his licensing over to Turner. This Flux looks like sweet little XC package. The Pivot bikes that came out last year didn't catch my attention, but this one does. Then I can be part of the Flux zealots. Man I've never seen a group of people who love their bikes like those.

Bad thing to be trolling the forums and mtb web pages again. Bad thing to spend more time googling than actually accomplishing anything.

**** but at more than $2k for a frame you gotta be kidding me ****. After selling off parts I got my Azure for under $400 for frame/shock. Upgraded shock for another $100. I don't think it's going to be that much better!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home