Monday, December 05, 2005

Snow ride

We got our first real snow of the year. And for some reason I had to go ride in it. Since I prooved to myself that I can ride in the cold the other day I guess I had to keep the drive alive.

P1010035
P1010036

Wet slushy snow. Hardest part was seeing on the downhills because the snow/sleet was getting in my eyes.

A lot of prep work, suiting up for not a very long ride, and a lot of cleanup still to do. I just left it on the car it'll just stay frozen.

But riding on wet snow on top of wet leaves on top of wet roots is good for me. Surprisingly it didn't feel half bad. Now that I got it out of my system I might ride indoors next time, unless it is colder and the ground is more frozen. Which makes for more enjoyable riding over the wet slushy riding.

A new friend greeted me at home
P1010038
Safety first

2 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. . . but what about that road bike you are building up. . . had the teaser a loooooong time ago and then nothing. Get to it man! I am a full-time dad who needs a daily diversion now and then. Thanks!

ps here in VT we have lots of snow too. . . but the snowmachine riders pack down the snow and make excellent snow riding in the cold, frozen mornings. Nothing better for skills than bobsledding down a snowmachine trail on your bike and trying to stay upright. Crashing is fun though. . .

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Ashwin Amanna said...

I sent my shifter in for a rebuild yesterday so it is down for a week or so. And I was fine tuning some bar and shifter positioning. Sorry to keep everyone hanging.

There will be lots of pictures and a full writeup as soon as it gets rebuilt and I get some more saddle dial in time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home