Sunday, December 04, 2005

Simple Green and Chains

There has been some discussion at Velonews Tech letters about prolonged soaking in simple green and the potential for it to eat away at chains.

I use SRAM chains or at least a Sram quick link on shimano chain for just this very purpose. Easily taking it off for a cleanup in Simple Green.

A rep from Simple Green replied to Leonard Zinn's article and mentioned a new product that was designed for the aircraft industry that would work well on bicycle parts:

Extreme Simple Green

I've been known to forget about a chain soaking in Simple green for weeks. It was rusty when I took it out. I will remember to be better about doing that and might try to get a hold of some of this new stuff.

1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Anonymous cleananglingpledge said...

So, I do not really believe it will have effect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home