Friday, November 12, 2004

Concentration

It's hard to focus on training when the races are so far away. When a race is coming up, it is easier for me to keep my eye on the prize and use the race as a focusing point to keep me moving forward.

With the first race in April it's hard to keep focus especially with sooo many other things going on around me

-I got that stomach bug that wife and kids had.
- Man, have't had cramps that bad in a while. Didn't go far from a toilet let me tell you
-still have that sinus infection some

-We made a decision and bought a vehicle. 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor. Found one for $18,200 (20kmiles) and he wasn't going to charge a high processing fee but I opted to spend aboug $1000 more and get on with 13kmiles and that came from a Mitsubishi Dealer that can do Certified Pre-owned vehicles. So this one comes with the 10year/100k warranty on the powertrain. Everything else is just the balance of the original warranty.

I don't know if I'd call it the best experience with this large dealer. I was always on edge just waiting for them to screw me. And the did a little. This Certified pre owned vehicle that has suppsoedly passed a 123 point inspection is overdo on the oil change as indicated by the service sticker in the corner of the windshield. They also didn't include floor mats or the tonneau cover that comes standard with this trim.

And they really didn't have a clue about Mitsubishi's Certified Pre-owned program as it just started last month. They kept saying 7 years/100 and they weren't giving me anything in writing that this exact vehicle is a certified pre-owned. He finally hand wrote on the Purhase order that it is certified. But I need to followup to make sure that it gets entered into Mitsubishi's system.

It is sure a nice vehicle, and Karen loves it more every day. I'm having issues with my own cheapness vs my desire to keep the truck.

I want to sell it because it I'm sort of over this truck, it is too loud, it prefers to be going fast and not slow around town, it's a gas guzzler, . and it is going to hold its value when I sell it. Where the subaru isn't worth crap.

And the subby is pretty beat up after 8 years and 2 kids. But it still is a fun car. I think I'll feel better after I get a chance to really clean up the subaru and make it look nicer.

I have been checking out the aftermarket mods that you can do to subarus just to have some fun possibly. This is the absolute base model with the smallest engine, but there is still some fun things I can do with the suspension and engine, to make it more enjoyable.

This is my decision to sell the truck and Karen isn't pressuring me at all. I hope I don't resent this too much, and try and hold it against her later. But I'll get another truck eventually.
Like I said, it's my cheapness making this decision. It's like getting 11k for the truck vs 2k for the subaru. And after just spending $19k for vehicle + the fees, I think I'll opt for the 11k for the truck and put maybe 1.5k into the subaru.

My 2 weeks of hypetrophy is done tomorrow. I am going to start strength phase which is 2x a week, and then start doing some longer easy rides.

PLEASE PLEASE let me motivate to get my ass out there.

I'll let you know how the first rides go.

My fork is on its way back from Manitou, so it will be good to get that bike back on the dirt and get some rides in.

cya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home