Thursday, November 04, 2004

Hypertrophy

Well, I'm suprised that I was not too sore from starting my hypetrophy. I've been totally soar many times when just starting lifting or playing soccer for the first time, after a long layoff. I mean can't walk down stairs soar.

But now I'm just fatigued but not painfully sore like that. The 3 week easy prep phase really helps with that.

I like the Morris plan because it uses only a couple of excercises, and seems to go pretty fast from one period to the next.

Lower Body:
Squat
Leg Press
Hamstring Curl
Stiff legged dead lift

Upperbody
Dumbell chest press
Lat pulldown

that's it.

but take the lower body to 6 sets of 10-12 for Hypetrophy with 1.5-2mins rest between sets and it takes a fair amount of time to complete. The weights are based on a % of 1 rep maxes. And change according to the phase you are in.

It is definitely fatiguing, and I take an energy drink afterwards.
I like to use a weight belt for the squats and leg press

1 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Anonymous kittygoespotty said...

Really useful data, much thanks for your article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home