Wednesday, October 06, 2004

working out details of last race

Really stoked with how things went with the last race, especially being sick.

What worked, what didn't.

My orthotics were ok. They still feel awkward, and might have made my knees hurt a little. The didn't do squat for the numbbess though. Might have been because it was slightly cold and they got wet, but still. They do improve power output by a lot. sort of kicking myself that I returned those other ones now. Because both seemed to increase power output by the same and neither fixed the hot foot, the other ones did not have the neoprene top coat and did not take up SO much volume in the heel.

My Specialized shoes that I'm wearing now don't have that deep a heel cup. The orthotics take up a lot of room now which raises my heel and promotes heel lift, exactly what I was trying to avoid.

I need to give them more time, and probably need to try more shoes again. Oh well back to the round robin of buy/sell ebay shoes again. they seem to work with the DMT road shoes well.

I think I was a lot better about drinking from the camel bak Having the cold forced me to drink more to wet my dry throat. This might have been the reason why the cramps weren't as bad.

Still used the song from the WHO Tommy, to help maintain focus. That and the 'right around the corner' mantra worked pretty well.

Biggest problem was with the downhill. Just could not go fast, and ended up grabbing so much break and almost going too slow, which is more dangerous in the end. I lost so much time on that thing.

I go back and forth on the disc brake issue. had a bad experience with the Hayes several years ago. They have got to be better by now, but they are so heavy. plus I need to build a new front wheel.

My back didn't hurt too much during the race but afterwards it felt fried. Need to keep up the lower back stretches.

I fell into the lemming trap sometimes by walking sections because others were walking, or slowing down my speed to match someone else near me. Need to be more aggressive with that.

1 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous consejo comprar yate said...

Very useful material, thank you for the article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home